Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Section
- Are the terms “concrete” and “cement” interchangeable?
- What is slump?
- What are low-chert aggregates?
- What is FIBERMESH®?
- What decorative finishes are available?
Subgrade Preparation FAQ:
Ordering Concrete FAQs:
- How do I order concrete?
- How much concrete do I need?
- When can I get concrete?
- Is advance notice needed?
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- How much does concrete cost?
- What is a minimum load charge?
- What payment options are available?
Placing & Finishing Concrete FAQs:
- Do I need a concrete contractor?
- Will Schmitz Ready Mix place the concrete for me?
- How can I find a reputable concrete contractor?
- Are do-it-yourself resources available?
- Where can I rent or purchase concrete finishing tools?
- How big and how heavy is the ready-mix truck?
- Will the truck fit in my backyard?
- How far do the concrete chutes reach?
- Do I need a concrete pump?
- How much time do I have to unload the truck?
- How long do I have to work with the concrete?
- What finish should be used for a sidewalk, patio, or driveway?
- What is proper curing and why is it important?
- How long must my driveway cure before I can drive on it?
Aftercare for Concrete FAQs:
- What is concrete sealer and how often must it be applied?
- Can I use deicer chemicals on my concrete?
- How can I protect and maintain my concrete?
Other Concrete Project Consideration FAQs:
- Is financing available for my concrete project?
- What is a mechanic’s lien?
- What insurance issues need to be addressed for my project?
- Does my concrete come with a warranty?
- Is ready-mixed concrete environmentally-friendly?
- Conflict Resolution Policy
- Quick Guide to Concrete Flatwork Troubleshooting
Construction Pros Portal
This portal provides easy access to reliable technical information about concrete and to materials and ideas to help Southeastern Wisconsin construction pros improve quality, increase job site productivity and safety, expand markets, acquire project leads, and reduce in-place construction costs. Read-only versions of the popular National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s Concrete In Practice Technical Reports (CIPs) can be accessed from this portal. Construction Pros Portal Links follow.
- Technical Excellence: Schmitzmix Performance Concrete Mixes
- Delivery Distinction
- Ready Mix Plant Locations
- Working Safely with Concrete
- Concrete Links for Construction Pros
- Insulating Concrete Form Technology (ICFs)
- Decorative Concrete
- Flowable Fill
- Fibermesh® Micro-Reinforcment
- Steel and Blended Fiber Reinforcement
- Decorative Aggregates
- Concrete Admixtures Add Value
- Pervious Concrete
- Credit Application
- Quality Responsibilities
- Conflict Resolution Policy
- Construction Supply Division
- Company Contacts
- Join The Schmitzmix Concrete Connection
- Expand Markets
- Improve Quality and Job Site Safety
- Reduce In-Place Concrete Costs
- The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA)
Join the Schmitzmix Concrete Connection for FREE Residential Concrete Leads:
Homeowners across Southeastern Wisconsin contact Schmitz Ready Mix looking for reputable concrete contractors. Click here if you are interested in tapping into these project leads.
National Ready Mixed Concrete Association Concrete In Practice Series:
Slab and Wall Defects ...
- Dusting Concrete Surfaces
- Scaling Concrete Surfaces
- Crazing Concrete Surfaces
- Cracking Concrete Surfaces
- Plastic Shrinkage Cracking
- Concrete Blisters
- Curling of Concrete Slabs
- Delamination of Troweled Concrete Surfaces
- Cracks in Concrete Basement Walls
Concrete Construction Fundamentals ...
- Finishing Concrete Flatwork
- Curing In-Place Concrete
- Joints in Concrete Slabs
- Concrete Slab Moisture
- Vapor Barriers (Retarders)
- Job Site Addition of Water
- Corrosion of Steel in Concrete
- Strength of In-Place Concrete
- Flexural Strength of Concrete
- Low Concrete Cylinder Strength
- Making Concrete Cylinders in the Field
- Testing Compressive Strength of Concrete
- Loss of Air Content in Pumped Concrete
- Discrepancies in Yield
- Radon Resistant Buildings
- Hot Weather Concreting
- Cold Weather Concreting
- Concrete Pre-Construction Conferences
- Ordering Ready-Mixed Concrete
- Maturity Methods to Estimate Concrete Strength
Materials and Additives ...
Specialty Mixes ...
- High-Strength Concrete
- Structural Lightweight Concrete
- Pervious Concrete
- Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC)
- Flowable Fill (CLSM)
Media Pros Portal
This portal provides background information about ready-mixed concrete and the ready-mixed concrete industry and online access to information about Schmitz Ready Mix, including company history, company principals, and company awards. The Concrete Industry Links for Media page helps media pros save time and maximize the effectiveness of their web research about concrete. Portal links follow.
- What’s New/Cool/Interesting?
- Cement Versus Ready-Mixed Concrete
- Company History
- Company Principals
- Primary Company Contact Person
- Company Awards and Achievements
- Concrete Industry Links for Media Pros
Employees & Employment Opportunities Portal
This portal includes information about Schmitz Ready-Mix driver pros and provides an extensive selection of industry-specific educational materials from the renowned National Ready Mixed Concrete Association Concrete Delivery Pros Certification program, including information on General Product Knowledge and Customer and Company Relations Knowledge. The portal also posts available employment opportunities at Schmitz Ready Mix. Employee and Employment Portal Links follow.